450gm Beef liver
20gm Dried wood ear mushroom
3tbsp Light soy sauce
20gm Red chili
100gm Spring onion
2tbsp Hoisin sauce
1tbsp Corn flour
Salt to taste
Oil to fry
1. Soak the wood ear mushroom in boiling water for 30 minutes. Slice after soaking
2. Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic.
3. Wash and coarsely chop the spring onion and chili.
4. Wash and cut the liver into finger size.
5. Heat oil in a pan, sauté onion garlic and chili.
6. Add the liver and fry till golden brown on all sides.
7. Make chili paste, mix together with corn flour, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce and wood ear mushroom.
8. Pour the mixture into the frying pan, bring it to boil and leave to simmer on a low flame for approximately 15 minutes.
9. Season to taste, garnish with spring onion and serve hot.