24 Large shrimp
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1tbsp Olive oil
2 Cloves garlic
1 Lime juice
Red chili oil
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Shell and devein the shrimp. Crush the garlic and chop the thyme.
3. Place the shrimp in a baking tray or an ovenproof casserole and season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
4. Drizzle olive oil over shrimp, add crushed garlic, and toss to coat.
5. Roast in the oven until pink and cooked through for about 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Drizzle generously with Red Chile Oil and sprinkle with chopped thyme.
Red chili Oil
1 Cup olive oil
6 dried chillies, lightly toasted and crushed
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Sprigs fresh thyme
Blend all ingredients including the thyme leaves in a blender until smooth.. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.