1kg Pork belly
4 Cloves garlic
6-10 Green/red chillies
2tbsp Light soy sauce
Salt to taste
1. Wash the pork and pad dry using a kitchen towel.
2. Make a paste of chilli, garlic and ginger. Add soy sauce, lemon juice, salt and rosemary.
3. Cut the pork lengthwise and rub the chilli-garlic mixture over the meat and marinate overnight. Keep inside the fridge.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Remove the meat from the fridge.
5. Heat oil in a pan, sear the meat on both side till brown.
6. Change the temperature of the oven to 150ºC. Wrap the meat using aluminium foil and roast in the oven for half an hour.
7. Remove from the oven, remove the aluminium wrap and keep the liquid from the roast aside.
8. Place the meat back in the backing tin with skin on top.
9. Roast the meat at 200ºC for 5 to 10 minutes to make the skin crispy.
10. Cut the meat and serve hot. Pour the sauce/liquid if any.