Infotainment

Aaron Carter ordered to surrender guns

Nov 20 (Agencies) | Publish Date: 11/20/2019 11:57:37 AM IST

 Rapper Aaron Carter was ordered to surrender his guns during a hearing for a restraining order.

The former child singer appeared in court on Tuesday after his sister Angel Conrad filed a restraining order against the “I Want Candy” singer in September, reports aceshowbiz.com.

During the court hearing, a judge issued an order prohibiting Aaron from having any contact with her or her family for a year. He’s also ordered to stay away from The Grove shopping centre here where Angel’s husband works. The judge additionally ruled that he is too dangerous to possess guns and told him to surrender his firearms. According to tmz.com, the 31-year-old was enraged by the judge’s orderand had meltdown. He screamed at the judge, saying that he would just go out of state and buy more firearms. He even threatened to get up and leave the courtroom, but the judge ordered him to sit down.

Following the ruling, Aaron took to Instagram to express his disappointment over the judge’s decisions.

“I am devastated by what happened in court today,” he wrote.

Calling out his twin sister as well as his brother Nick Carter, he claimed: “My sister lied over and over in an effort take away my 2nd amendment rights and she did it on behalf of my brother to silence me from talking about how he raped and sexually assaulted multiple women.”

He added: “I will abide by the judge’s order, but I will not stop speaking on behalf of victims such as Melissa Schuman. I am saddened by my family and what they have done to me. Your lies have broken my heart.”

Angel filed a protective restraining order against Aaron after he allegedly “threatened the lives” of her, her husband Corey Conrad and their 8-month-old daughter Harper during a phone call on September 5. Aaron allegedly told her: “I have people that would come and harm you.”

Earlier that month, Nick slapped his younger brother with the same restraining order, claiming Aaron had told his sister he harboured “thoughts of killing babies” during a FaceTime chat.

The Backstreet Boys star also said he feared for his pregnant wife and unborn child. Days prior to the court hearing, Aaron was hospitalised in Florida for exhaustion and weight loss. His mother Jane took him to the hospital on November 14 after he turned up at her house looking alarmingly skinny.    (IANS)

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus