National

Amarinder asks PM to return donations from Chinese cos

Amarinder asks PM to return donations from Chinese cos
Amarinder Singh
CHANDIGARH, JUN 29 (AGENCIES) | Publish Date: 6/29/2020 12:46:06 PM IST

Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Monday called upon the Narendra Modi-led BJP government to return the donations received in PM Cares fund from Chinese companies or companies in which Chinese companies have stakes.

Addressing a press conference here, the Chief Minister slammed receiving donations from Chinese companies at a time when the hostile neighbour is involved in aggression at the border.

“Every single Chinese penny should be returned,” said Amarinder.

The Chief Minister said China had been constantly troubling us on the order as it wanted to bridge the gap between Siachen and Aksai Chin to its advantage.

 “It is time the Centre took a tough stand on China,” he said with reference to the controversy over donations being received from Chinese companies.

The Chief Minister quoted different Chinese companies that have contributed to the PM cares fund. China wanted to grab our territory, he said. 

‘Will find China’s ‘involvement’ in Indian firm chosen to deliver smartphones’

Capt said his government would check on the “involvement” of China in an Indian firm selected to deliver smartphones to be given to youths as part of the Congress’ poll promise.

The Chief Minister said the state government had given a contract to an Indian company for the delivery of smartphones.

“We will check what is China’s involvement in this company and to what extent and then make a decision,” said Singh while replying to a question.

“What is the equity situation (in the company)? Is it Chinese equity or Indian ?” said Singh, elaborating the issues to be examined.

He said the firm had said 50,000 smartphones were ready and that they wanted to deliver another 50,000 more phones in July.

Before coming to power in 2017, the state Congress had promised to give free smartphones to youths in the state.

The Congress had announced in its election manifesto that in order to “encourage and incentivise” youths to use digital technology in day-to-day lives, it would distribute free smartphones.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus