National

Amid COVID-19 outbreak, take precaution against H1NI

NEW DELHI, FEB 26 (IANS) | Publish Date: 2/26/2020 12:08:31 PM IST

Amid the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, fresh cases of H1N1 virus causing swine flu have emerged in India. In view of this, the Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia and Oceania (CMAAO) issued an advisory on Wednesday.

According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday, five judges of the Supreme Court were infected by H1N1 virus causing swine flu, while three of them have resumed duties, two were recuperating and were being kept in isolation in their homes.

H1N1 is a seasonal infection and occurs every year with two peaks (Jan-Mar and Jul-Sept).

Swine flu was pandemic in 2009 worldwide. Since then it is considered as an endemic virus with focal outbreaks in winter.

According to K.K. Aggarwal, President CMAAO, “When indicated, antiviral therapy should be initiated as soon as possible since antiviral therapy is most likely to provide benefit when initiated within the first 48 hours of illness.”

In a public healthcare advisory, doctor said that the mitigation precautions include respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette combined with hand wash contact precautions. The precautions are same as for any coronavirus.

“Remember no fever, no flu. All mild cases should be treated with online consultations and all individuals with severe disease or at high risk for complications should receive antiviral drugs,” Aggarwal said.

Last Thursday, business software solutions major SAP India shut all its offices in the country for sanitisation after two of its employees were tested positive for swine flu.

In Kashmir, 18 positive cases of swine flu were admitted to Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences (SKIMS) in Srinagar.

COVID-19 cases emerging faster outside China: WHO

GENEVA, FEB 26 (AFP): There are now more new cases of coronavirus reported each day outside China than inside the hardest-hit country, the WHO said Wednesday.

“Yesterday, the number of new cases reported outside China exceeded the number of new cases in China for the first time,” WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told diplomats in Geneva.

Tedros said “sudden increase of cases” in those countries was “deeply concerning”. While new case numbers and deaths are dwindling at the disease epicentre in China, the country remains by far the hardest hit. As of Wednesday, 78,190 cases of COVID-19 had been registered in China, including 2,718 deaths. 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus