National

Aryan WhatsApp chats show he trafficked drugs: claim NCB

NEW DELHI, OCT 13 (AGENCIES) | Publish Date: 10/13/2021 12:54:46 PM IST

Aryan Khan and all other accused in the drugs-on-cruise case are connected and their roles cannot be separated, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) said today in a reply shortly before Shah Rukh Khan’s son’s bail request was taken up by a court in Mumbai, reports NDTV.

Aryan Khan - Accused No. 1 for the NCB - sourced drugs and was in touch with “some persons abroad who appear to be a part of an International Drug Network for illicit procurement of drugs”, the anti-drugs agency said in the statement.

The probe so far has revealed his role in the conspiracy and illicit procurement and consumption of drugs, it added.

All those arrested “are inextricably connected with each other” and “it is not possible to dissect the role, involvement of one accused from that of the other”, said the NCB. “The ingredients of conspiracy are clear and evident,” said the agency, adding that “one of the applicants cannot be considered in isolation”.

No drugs were found on Aryan Khan when the anti-drugs agency’s officers raided a Mumbai cruise ship party in disguise on October 3. But the NCB says that does not undermine his role.

“Even though from some accused persons there is no recovery or recovery of small quantity of contraband, the participation by acts and omissions of such persons who have acted in concert, conspiracy in the commission of offences forms the basis of this investigation,” said the statement.

The situation was such that “the quantum of recovery from an individual accused becomes inconsequential”. Aryan Khan, 23, was arrested along with his friend Arbaaz Merchant and six others after the ship drugs raid.

His lawyers, while seeking bail, have repeatedly stressed that no drugs were found on him, but the agency says it has evidence that he used to source them.

The NCB says, “Accused no 1 has a role in so far as illicit procurement and distribution of contraband is concerned... It is prima facie revealed that Aryan Khan used to procure contraband from Accused no 2 (Arbaaz). And sourced connected to Accused no 2 from whose conscious possession (shoes) 6 grams of charas was recovered. Aryan and Arbaaz have been associated in close collaboration.”

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus