International

Battle with Israel ‘not over’: Hamas chief

Battle with Israel  ‘not over’: Hamas chief
Ismail Haniyeh (File)
Gaza, Nov 18 (IANS) | Publish Date: 11/18/2019 10:19:20 AM IST

Ismail Haniyeh, the Hamas chief, said that the battle with Israel is “not over” although the new wave of violence in the Gaza Strip is over.

Haniyeh made the remarks on Sunday after he gave his condolences to the Abu Malhous family which lost eight of its members in the last round of violence between Israel and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Xinhua news agency reported.

“Our victory in the previous round is not counted by the number of the fired rockets, nor by the losses sustained, but by the fact that resistance has completely paralyzed the entity (Israel) during the escalation,” he told reporters.

Last week, a new wave of violence broke out between Israel and Gaza’s militant groups after Israel bombed the house of Baha Abu al-Atta, a senior Islamic Jihad commander, killing him and his wife.

In response, the militant group fired barrages of rockets into Israel, before Israeli war aircraft retaliated by launching airstrikes on Gaza, killing 35 Palestinians including women and children.

On Thursday, Egypt brokered a cease-fire between the two sides, which remained fragile as several more rockets were fired from Gaza into Israel and Israeli war aircraft fired back.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus