State

Cab to discuss doctors’ regularization issue

Correspondent KOHIMA, JUN 18 (NPN) | Publish Date: 6/18/2020 1:31:25 PM IST

Amidst growing opposition to its earlier decision to regularize doctors who were recently appointed on contingency basis, the State cabinet is expected to review it during a meeting here on Friday.

When contacted, leader of opposition TR Zeliang said before taking any decision, the cabinet should have discussed the issue of regularisation in detail and its likely consequences on National Health Mission (NHM) doctors or on the doctors serving in the department on contractual basis as some of them had been rendering their service for almost 10 years.

He clarified that the cabinet can appoint more doctors, if required. However, for regularisation, he said advertisements should have been issued so that unemployed doctors, NHM, private practitioners and doctors on contract could have applied and thus no one would have been deprived of the opportunity.

In the advertisement, Zeliang pointed out that besides the other posts, the post for 27 doctors was mentioned for a period of 12 months as contingency plan. This may have been the reason why NHM employees and those on contract did not apply. 

The opposition leader went on to state that the government should now make its stand clear and explain to the newly recruited 27 doctors that their appointment was purely based on a contingency plan, adding the government should also revoke its decision.

Interestingly, some cabinet ministers expressed the view that the posts for regularisation should be requisitioned to Nagaland Public Service Commission so that issue could end there.

It may be recalled that the National Health Mission Employees Association Nagaland which went on a indefinite total cease work from June 14, had decided to temporarily withdraw the agitation for 15 days with effect from June 16 following assurances by Health minister S. Pangnyu Phom to address their issue.

JIC report: The cabinet is also likely to discuss the Judicial Inquiry Committee (JIC) report on the Tuensang fiasco and decide the future course of action. 

It was learnt that the three-member JIC submitted its report on Wednesday without seeking extension of time. The JIC was formed following a representation submitted by the Eastern Nagaland Peoples’ Organization to initiate disciplinary action against those official involved in the deliberate violation of the standard operation procedures and related matters.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus