National

Centre moves HC to advance hearing on JNMF issue

New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) | Publish Date: 1/29/2019 12:21:14 PM IST

The Central government on Tuesday moved the Delhi High Court for getting an early hearing on Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) plea challenging the eviction notice issued by the government.

However, the court could not hear the matter and listed it for January 31. The government said that JNMF was in the possession of the property due to court’s stay order.

The hearing must be advanced or the authorities should be allowed to proceed under law against the JNMF, the government said.

On January 23, the court fixed February 19 to hear the plea filed by JNMF. The JNMF has challenged the October 15 2018 eviction notice. Earlier, the court had stayed estate officer’s notice to vacate the premises.

The JNMF, in its plea, alleged that the proceedings initiated by the estate officer was designed to destroy Nehru’s legacy and contributions and attempted to create a new narrative.

The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund formally came into being on August 17 1964 under the chairmanship of Dr S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India, and is located at Teen Murti House.

The Fund had been asked to vacate the Teen Murti Bhavan saying that Nehru Memorial Museum Library (NMML) is in “dire need of space”. It has been alleged that the Memorial Fund is occupying the premises “without any authority of law”.

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus