National

COVID-19: Two fresh cases reported in India

NEW DELHI, MAR 2 | Publish Date: 3/2/2020 12:25:38 PM IST

India on Monday reported two new cases of the novel coronavirus, including one from the national capital, the Union Health Ministry said as the government stepped up its efforts to detect and check the infection, which has killed more than 3000 people globally. 

Meanwhile, Rajasthan health minister Raghu Sharma said an Italian tourist has been found positive of Coronavirus in Jaipur. In the first sample collected on February 29, the man was tested negative but his condition deteriorated so the second sample was collected which tested positive on Monday, the minister said, adding “since there is a variation in the reports, samples have been sent to NIV-Pune for testing.”

India had earlier reported three cases from Kerala, including two medical students from Wuhan, the epicentre of the deadly novel coronavirus. They were discharged last month following recovery.

Giving details of the fresh cases, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said the person from Delhi had travelled to Italy, while the other patient who has tested positive for the coronavirus infection is from Telangana and has a recent travel history to Dubai.

“Both the patients had self-reported after they developed symptoms. They tested positive. They are stable and being closely monitored,” he told reporters.

Vardhan also advised people to avoid non-essential travel to Iran, Italy, South Korea and Singapore and said India was in discussions with authorities in Iran and Italy, two badly affected countries by the infection, to evacuate Indians there.

The health minister, who held a meeting of the Group of Ministers constituted to monitor the current status and actions for prevention and management of the virus, said India has already suspended e-visas/visas issued to Iranian and Chinese nationals over the rising number of confirmed COVID-19.

Vardhan also advised people to take precautions and in case of any symptoms report to nearest public health facility. People may pose their queries at the Health Ministry’s 24x7 Control Room at 011-23978046 or email at ncov2019@gmail.com, he added.

No COVID-19 confirmed cases yet in Nagaland

DIMAPUR, MAR 2 (NPN): State Health and Family Welfare (H&FW) Department Monday said that there had been no confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID19) in the state so far. COVID-19 has claimed more than 3,000 lives including 2,912 in China as on March 2, 2020. In an order, principal director H&FW, Dr. Vizolie Z Soukhrie, however, stated that all surveillance and rapid response teams were in place besides logistics for case management and diagnosis. 

Dr. Soukhrie informed that 172 travellers from China and affected countries (Thailand, Singapore, Hongkong, Australia, Korea etc.) were under surveillance. He pointed out that 131 of them were from other countries, 33 Nagas and eight Indians. Out of the total, Dr. Soukhrie said 10 persons have been kept/advised for home quarantine. He said that the state was geared up with regard to COVID-19. Concerning preparedness status, Dr. Soukhrie said there were 15 hospitals have been identified for isolation and 52 beds identified.

Meanwhile, the department has advised the persons with travel history to China and affected countries from January 1, 2020 to self declare or report to 7005415243, 9856071745 and 7005539653 or email nlssu.idsp@nic.in 


-Tags:#COVID-19

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus