Regional

COVID death toll rises to 11 in Mnp

Correspondent IMPHAL, Aug 8 | Publish Date: 8/8/2020 10:00:38 AM IST

Manipur recorded one more death due to Covid-19 on Saturday taking the toll to 11 amid surging new infections among the general population.

Official sources in the state health department informed that a 63-year-old man from Imphal East district died of COVID-19 late Friday night.

The man was admitted at JNIMS hospital on August 2  for treatment of his illness but tested positive while receiving treatment at the hospital and died at around 9.30 pm.

A report of the COVID-19 Common Control Room said that he had a comorbid health condition.

Meanwhile, the state recorded 169 new COVID-19 cases taking the total of people infected to 3635, including 1697 active cases.

The state also recorded recovery of 1927 persons including one that was discharged on Saturday after he tested negative on the RT PCR test. Only one patient was discharged on Saturday.

Of the 169 new cases detected in the past 24 hours, 75 (33 males and 42 females) were from the general population, while 94 were personnel of Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) posted in the state, the control room said in its latest report.

The new cases were detected during testing of 1,982 samples in the past 24 hours. The state has so far tested 98,819 persons.

Of the cumulative 3635 positive cases in the state till Saturday, 2840 were from the general population including healthcare workers and state police and security personnel, while the 795 were CAPF personnel.

Out of 1927 persons discharged after recovering from the disease, 1834 were from the general population and the rest 93 CAPF personnel, the control room added.

The state has 765 confirmed cases of locally transmitted or non-returnee COVID-19 positive cases, the report added.

 After four doctors and a nurse also  tested positive for COVID-19, a primary health centre (PHC) in Manipur’s Bishnupur district was sealed on Saturday.

The four doctors and a nurse were posted at PHC at Leimapokpam under Nambol sub-division of Bishnupur district, said chief medical officer Dr L Gojendra Singh.

The CMO further asked patients who visited the health centre from August 2 to 7 to contact concerned health officials of the district to undergo tests while also instructing them to remain under strict home quarantine.

Following the development, district administration has sealed the PHC and its surrounding after declaring the PHC premises a containment zone.


-Tags:#COVID

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus