Post Mortem

Dream vs realities

By Nagaland Post | Publish Date: 3/27/2019 1:17:29 PM IST

 Nagaland is the land of two versions first impression is the land of natural beauty, peace and prosperity, under the banner “Nagaland for Christ” on the other versions, this is the land of corruption, nepotism and favouritism question is which one is in dream and which one is in reality. If we look into the first impression than our State is the gifted of God, but we are in the dark stage of the second versions. It is high time to re-search the root causes and elements of corruption, nepotism and favouritism etc.

Now who are to be blamed? Politicians; Bureaucrats; Governments; Contractors & Businessmen; Doctors; Church Workers; Civil Societies; Students Body; Public in general; Uniform Services; National Workers etc.?

To my opinion, it is the mixture of mechanism together compelled leading to the present situation which ultimately resulting to failure in all round development in our State.

1) Nagas are no longer hard working people; self reliance is becoming strange to Naga society, but we all are with the attitude to enjoy easy money.

2) Nagaland is at the highest rank called the “Land of fees and illegal taxes”.

(i) If it’s so let’s questions our self to each and every one of us, that are we the element of all those evils unwanted practices?

(ii) Are the politician and bureaucrats are intentionally doing all this against the society?

(iii) The Nagas in general, their attitude towards the leaders is not his personality but leader should be financially sound, if not we call them and make them unsuccessful businessman, politicians or bureaucrats etc.? At this juncture we cannot blame directly to any authority or persons since we all are involved. Now if we try to pin-point to any person, out of five fingers, three fingers will pin-point to us.

(iv) Nagas are taxing illegal taxes to each others in all the occasions. Is there any remedies? Do we need to change each one of us without blaming each others? Do the high authorities also can feel pain for the mass people?

(v) I feel that the church workers should think seriously for the remedies, because services in churches are also encouraging but those church goers are all discipline believers of God. Why not reach out the gospel message from door to door. I am sure God will do the miracles to all the believers.

(vi) We are also proud to be a Naga because some Nagas citizens’ youths, church workers and leaders are still remained truthful and dean. Hope someday, they will come out to the street and guide us. Nagaland State as per the Government reports, it is over employed but it seems they are under employed because hardly 60% of the Govt. employees are working in the office, whereas the other 40% are above employees? Can the scholar and educated unemployed ready to find out who are the ghost and dream employees for the department. And who are the genuine dedicated Govt. servant?

(vii) Finally, Kohima is the mirror of the State; we should appreciate the Government for making Kohima as one of the smart cities, where the Government has to educate the public in mass using the services of NGOs and Civil Bodies for awareness which need lot of publicities about the smart city. Government should also utilize its fund judiciously and need to complete this project in the stipulated given time firm. Let’s hope that with the completion of smart city, it will be the eye opener for developmental activities in the other districts too.

(viii) Last but not the less, I also like to appeal the most respectfull body of A.P.O., A.Y.O., Angami Women Organization, KCCI etc. to continue to coordinate with the agency for early completion of these projects. Through your participation and completion of the mission, it will be milestone achievement for the future generation of the Nagas.

S. Subongmeren Jamir, Kohima

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com
© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus