State

ENPO demands disciplinary action against erring officials for Tsg fiasco

KOHIMA, MAY 28 (NPN) | Publish Date: 5/28/2020 12:50:52 PM IST

Eastern Nagaland People’s Organisation (ENPO) has demanded that the chief minister should immediately initiate disciplinary action against the State government officials involved in the deliberate mismanagement that led to a COVID-19 positive person being sent to Tuensang along with other passengers, resulting in a spike in the number of cases in the district.

In a representation submitted to Rio during a meeting along with chief secretary Temjen Toy and other senior government officials here on Thursday, ENPO president Kekongchim and general secretary Manlang Phom said the incident occurred due to absolute mismanagement, utter negligence and discrimination verging on criminal carelessness in handling of COVID-19 cases by the officials.

They said the complacency of the authorities concerned in handling suspected COVID cases became evident as test results of one of the Tuensang-bound passengers came positive, and by that time the patient along with 168 others had already reached Tuensang.  

The representation stated that people of Eastern Nagaland were outraged by the discrimination and mistreatment meted out to them and demanded immediate action within three days, failing which ENPO would take its own course of action and the State government would be solely held responsible.

The Organisation submitted a five-point charter of demands, which included initiating disciplinary action immediately against the government officials involved for deliberately violating SOP and forcefully directing transportation of the stranded people to Tuensang without waiting for results of tests conducted on them. This, the organisation said resulted in sending a COVID-19 positive case along with 168 others, thus endangering the lives of many. 

The ENPO representation also demanded that the State government should immediately send more doctors and experts to the four districts of Mon, Longleng, Tuensang and Kiphire, sanction required funds for the four districts for handling the COVID crisis, immediately set up BSL-2 laboratory as committed by the government, set up isolation wards in the four districts and update of daily status reports to the district in-charge legislator in order to ensure proper coordination.

 

-Tags:#ENPO

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus