Regional

Govt employees to resume work in M’laya

Correspondent Shillong, Apr 6 | Publish Date: 4/6/2020 12:25:58 PM IST

The Meghalaya Cabinet on Monday approved to re-open all government offices in the state from April 15 with the end of the nationwide lockdown, but education institutions will remain closed until April 30.

It will allow opening of weekly markets in rural areas, and farmers to resume sowing activities, besides allowing construction works to resume under the MGNREGA and road construction and allied works in the state from April 15.

The Cabinet, which was chaired by Chief Minister Conrad Sangma, approved these decisions with an aim to gradually ease the COVID-19 lockdown subject to the ground situation from April 15 in the State. 

So far, 78 samples had been tested at NEIGRIHMS laboratory for COVID-19 infection but all yielded negative results. 

“The state cabinet has decided that government employees need to be back to work from April 15. All government offices in the state will start functioning with full staff strength with employees rejoining work from April 15,” Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong told journalists.

At present, only 30 per cent of employees are coming to work, and the rest 70 per cent are staying at home.

However, Tynsong said the Cabinet has decided to continue to shut various private business establishments in the state. “We have also decided to continue to close the educational institutions till April 30. A decision on re-opening will be taken depending on the prevailing situation in the entire north east states,” he informed.

Private vehicles will be allowed to ply and inter-district movement will be allowed, but inter-state movement will continue to be restricted, he added.

The Cabinet also approved to extend financial assistance under the Chief Minister’s Relief Against Wage Loss Scheme to all wage earners, daily labourers and petty traders (unregistered daily wage earners) who are out of work due to the COVID-19 ‘lockdown’.

2 Shillongites test negative of COVID-19: The test samples of the two individuals from the Shillong who came in contact with a Covid 19 patient from Assam, were found to be negative. The samples were collected yesterday and tested. Meghalaya Health Minister, AL Hek said that both were tested negative. He also made an appeal to the citizens to not get into the panic zone and follow precautionary measures as the government is working tirelessly to fight the pandemic.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus