House gutted in Mangkolemba

House gutted in Mangkolemba
Remains of the house after it was destroyed by fire. (NP)
Correspondent KOHIMA, JUN 22 (NPN) | Publish Date: 6/22/2021 12:47:29 PM IST

A house was completely burned down by a fire which broke out at Mangkolemba sub-division under Mokokchung district, on Tuesday morning.

Cause for the fire has not been ascertained, however, eye witnesses disclosed that the fire broke out from the kitchen area and spread to the rest of the house. The owner of the house had gone to her paddy field when the incident was said to have occurred.

The fire sparked off two LPG cylinders which blew up creating panic in the neighbourhood as people in the vicinity stood helpless due to the intensity of the fire. Although no person was reported to have been injured, properties inside the house were reduced to ashes. Photos and videos of the incident were also widely circulated on social media.


Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267,



Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus