International

Imran demands report on Quetta mosque blast

ISLAMABAD, JAN 11 (IANS) | Publish Date: 1/11/2020 10:38:26 AM IST

Prime Minister Imran Khan on Saturday said that he had directed authorities to submit an “immediate report on the condemnable, cowardly terrorist attack” inside a mosque in Quetta, which killed 15 people, including a senior police official.

In a tweet, the premier hailed Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Haji Amanullah as a “brave and exemplary officer”, adding that he had asked the Balochistan government to ensure the injured victims were provided with medical facilities, reports Dawn news. “I have demanded an immediate report on the condemnable cowardly terrorist attack in Quetta targeting a mosque and people at prayers. Have asked provincial government to ensure all medical facilities are provided to the injured...” Khan tweeted. A deadly blast had ripped through a mosque during evening prayers on Friday night in Quetta, killing 15 people, including DSP Amanullah.
At least 19 people were reported to be injured in the attack, which authorities said was a suicide blast.
No group has immediately claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
The mosque is located in a densely populated Pashtun-majority neighbourhood.
 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus