Regional

Keep transfer and posting of central forces in abeyance: Meghalaya to MHA

Correspondent Shillong, Jun 29 | Publish Date: 6/29/2020 10:29:34 AM IST
The Meghalaya government has requested the Union Ministry of Home Affairs to keep on hold transfer of Central government employees including paramilitary forces in view of the rise of COVID-19 positive cases in the country.
“We have decided to request the Union government to keep transfer and postings of Central Armed Police Forces, Banks and other Central government employees on hold as the situation in the State was not conducive as far as COVID-19 is concerned,” Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong told reporters on Monday.
“We have asked the chief secretary to immediately send a letter to the secretary of Union ministry of home affairs for upholding the proposed transfer of such officials,” he said.
Meghalaya so far recorded a total of 50 COVID-19 positive cases and those infected by the virus were mostly people who returned from other states. Only five cases are active. Meanwhile, Health and Family Welfare Minister Alexander Laloo Hek informed that 19,287 swab samples had been sent for test till date, 18,567 were reported as negative, while outcome of 580 tests were awaited.
Hek informed that 3 BSF personnel who tested positive for COVID-19 had returned to Meghalaya Frontier Headquarters of the BSF here after leave. He added that contact tracing was being carried out by the BSF authorities besides the State Surveillance Teams.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus