State

Landslides cut-off villages under Shamator, Tobu area

Landslides cut-off villages under Shamator, Tobu area
Road block in Chessore due to landslide.
DIMAPUR, SEP 9 (NPN) | Publish Date: 9/9/2018 12:12:12 PM IST

Multiple landslides in between Shamator-Chessore have damaged roads and completely cut-off villages like Rurur A & B, Shiponger, Kiutsukiur, Kephor, K. Lungsorü, Kelongrü, Lungtokru,Y. Anner, Tsashir and Muleangru under Shamator sub-division.

People in these villages have been adversely affected due to shortage of essential commodities and medical aid. 

According to reports, the only life line from Kuthur village, connecting both Chessore and Shamator Hqs has also been totally cut-off due to multiple landslides. 

Villagers have appealed to the government for clearance of the road since the villages have been totally cut-off from the rest of the state.

Tobu area organizations appeal: Konyak Union, Tobu branch and Tobu Area Students’ Union (TASU) has sought urgent intervention of the State government to end misery of the masses of Tobu sub-division.

In a joint statement, Konyak Union, Tobu branch president SB Poangba Konyak and TASU president, A Sangti Konyak said Tobu had been cut off for almost two months now following landslides caused by the recent monsoon rains. They pointed out that continuous mudslides at Tesang Nallah, 60 km from the sub-divisional headquarters, which began on July 27, had completely cut-off the sub-division from district headquarters, thereby creating untold problems for people of Tobu area. 

The organisations recalled that landslides had cut off Tobu sub-divisional headquarters in 2016, leading to untold hardships like shortfall in supply of food, medicines, etc, besides affecting functioning of offices, schools, etc. 

They alleged that the authorities concerned turned a deaf ear to public woe then.

Stating that people were now facing similar shortage of essential commodities, both Konyak Union, Tobu branch and Tobu Area Students’ Union said no government agencies had come forward to offer help to people of the area till now. They said it seemed the State government was giving the same treatment as in 2016 by ignoring the hardships of the people of Tobu sub-division. 

Asking the government why it was neglecting the sub-division, the organisations also questioned whether Tobu was not a part and parcel of Nagaland. They asked who would take the responsibility to look after grievances of people of the sub-division. 

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Phone:+91-3862-248 489,Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npdesk@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus