State

Man shot dead in Peren distt

DIMAPUR, AUG 5 (NPN) | Publish Date: 8/5/2020 12:43:02 PM IST

A man in his 40s was allegedly shot dead by two unknown assailants at New Beisumpui Village under Peren district on the night of August 4, 2020 at around 8 p.m.

According to a DIPR report, the incident took place when the deceased identified as Dichungbe Newme was alone at his place. The deceased was serving as “jugali” in power department posted in the village and hails from Nzauna village. An FIR has been lodged with Ahthibung police station and the body was taken to Dimapur by police team headed by Ahthibung OC for post mortem examination. Meanwhile, Nzauna Lui Baudi has submitted a representation to SDO (C) Ahthibung for further investigation into the killing. 

Condemnations: New Beisumpui Village council, New Beisumpui Women Organisation and Youth Organisation New Beisumpui have jointly condemned the “most heinous and brutal killing” of Dichungbe Newme by unknown criminal.

In a joint statement, the three organisations have urged the police to probe the incident and punish the perpetrators appropriately as per the law of the land to deter recurrence of such inhuman crime in the future.

They said that late Dichungbe was one of the most humble men in the village with no known enmity within or outside the village.

ZSU (N): Zeme Students’ Union, Nagaland strongly condemned the “dastardly cold-blooded murder” of late Dichungbe Newme, father of its information & publicity secretary.  ZSU(N) through its president Aakam Pame and executive secretary Rampisinang Newme described late Dichungbe Newme as “a quiet, tranquil and a just man” working under power department. 

The union expressed anguish that such a harmless man is killed “in the cruelest of heinous and despicable act.” 

The union has demanded that timely justice be delivered at the earliest possible time by bring the perpetrators to book and awarding befitting punishment.

ZSU(N) has conveyed condolences to family members on the loss of the father and prayed that the departed soul rest in peace.

KAPO, BDC: Kebai Area Public Organization (KAPO) and Beisumpui Deulung Council (BDC) have expressed shock over the “cold blooded murder” of late Dichung Newme and said that “this unusual and unprecedented incident” has shocked the entire area.

In a joint statement, KAPO president Bailang and BDC chairman Ikiak said that people have lost a sense of security as their own brother had been murdered in his own kitchen.  

The two organisations have demand that the district administration and the police department ensure taking necessary steps so the perpetrators were apprehended and awarded befitting punishment and justice be delivered at the earliest. They said that delay in delivering justice would “escalate insecurities and fears in the Area.”

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus