Regional

Meghalaya sets up COVID-19 Management Unit

Correspondent Shillong, Aug 14 | Publish Date: 8/14/2020 12:24:38 PM IST

Thirty-five, including 23 Border Security Force (BSF) troopers, tested positive for COVID-19 while 34 patients recovered from COVID-19 in Meghalaya on Friday, taking  active cases up to 641 and recoveries to 581 so far in the State. 

With the spurt of COVID-19 active cases, the Meghalaya Cabinet on Friday approved setting up of COVID-19 Management Unit headed by Mission Director of National Health Mission for management and surveillance of COVID-19 in the state.
“This Unit would place its efforts on identifying preventive measures to reduce the chances of infection. It  would consist of a state management unit, district management unit, dedicated team at the four major entry points for sampling, registration of civilians entering the state and also dedicated teams to manage the selected quarantine and Corona Care Centres,” Meghalaya government spokesperson, James Sangma told reporters.  He said the cabinet approved the budgetary requirement of Rs. 5.5 crore for the COVID-19 Management Unit. 
Meanwhile,  Director of Health Services (MI), Dr. Aman War said 14 cases comprising of seven BSF troopers and seven civilians which included a returnee from Haryana, staff nurse of Civil hospital Shillong,  three high risk contacts from North East Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHM) and two from Rilbong and Mawbah were detected in East Khasi Hills district. Twenty more cases were detected in West Garo Hills district, including three person who tested positive for the viral infection during a random testing at Community Health Centre in Phulbari, one worker of Corona Care Centre at Walbakgre and 16 BSF troopers, Dr. War said. 
A returnee from Assam also tested positive for viral flu in South West Garo Hills district. 
“Thirty-four persons, including 22 civilians, eight BSF troopers, one Armed Force in East Khasi Hills, two BSF troopers in West Garo Hills and one civilian in East Jaintia Hills recovered on Friday,” the senior medical official said. 
So far the State has recorded a total of 1228 confirmed COVID 19 cases out of which 641 are active cases, 581 recovered and six deceased.
War said that till Friday, 42,910 samples have been sent for testing out of which 41,425 have tested negative and results of 257 are awaited. 
 
 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus