State

Mon lockdown extended till July 5

Correspondent KOHIMA, JUN 27 (NPN) | Publish Date: 6/27/2020 1:24:45 PM IST
DC, SP, CMO & Addl SP in self-isolation

Following the detection of 12 COVID-19 positive cases in Mon on Saturday, the district authorities have decided to extend the total lockdown of Mon district till July 5.

Those who had tested positive include-- nine police personnel and three persons lodged at Mon quarantine centre. Of the 29 samples sent to Dibrugarh for testing, nine police personnel and three returnees- 2 from Chennai and 1 from Mizoram tested positive.

Informing this to Nagaland Post, Transport & Civil Aviation and Land Resource minister, P. Paiwang Konyak, said the lockdown was extended in order to effectively carry out the contact tracing. Pawiang also took charge to oversee all COVID-19 related activities under Mon district after senior officials-- deputy commissioner, superintendent of police and additional SP and chief medical officer had gone under self-isolation, as a precautionary measure as they reportedly came in contact with COVID positive patients. 

It was learnt that the DC, SP and CMO had come in contact with the same barber who had earlier come in contact with a police personnel infected with COVID-19. The police personnel was on duty at Mon quarantine centre and had reportedly gone out, in violation of the laid down the protocol. He then had his haircut with the same barber who later came in contact with the DC, SP and CMO.

In another incident, the home guard of the additional SP Mon had also tested positive after he reportedly came in contact with a positive patient.

Painwang said that a thorough investigation has been ordered to ascertain as to how the nine police personnel, on duty at the quarantine centre, may have been infected. 

Taking note of these incidents, Paiwang held a coordination meeting on Saturday with the district task force, civil societies and churches and decided to mark containment zones in wards and locations where the positive case were detected. As precautionary measures, till the lockdown, Paiwang said that the supply of essential items to the district will be done twice a week (Monday and Friday) and all goods will be transported from Assam with security.

He appealed to the public not to panic and to strictly observe the lockdown as it was being done for effective contact tracing, to contain the spread of virus.

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus