State

More organisations condemn Aug 4 killing

DIMAPUR | Publish Date: 8/7/2020 1:06:59 PM IST

Various organisations have vehemently condemned the killing of Dichungbe Newme, son of Namdaiwang, who was shot dead from his residence on the night of August 4 at New Beisumpui village under Peren district by two unknown miscreants.

ZCN: In a condemnation note, Zeme Council Nagaland (ZCN) through its media cell has termed the brutal killing of its member late Dichungbe Newme as “despicable”. 

ZCN said that it was appalled to see its own brother being murdered from his own residence which created a fear psychosis among the peace loving citizens where one is not safe even in their own home.  

As per the spot investigation by the local, ZCN stated that footprints showed two people involved, where footprints were up till Pehlang village junction then move towards Hukato’s farm and Pehlang village. It also said that the next morning, two persons turned up at a hut of Pehlang villagers’ paddy field asking the route to New Chamcha. 

ZCN appealed to the investigation authority to effectively follow the physical lead provided and expedite the investigation process leaving no stone unturned and book the culprit at the earliest.  It further conveyed it condolences to the bereaved family and prayed for the departed soul to rest in eternal peace.

NSU: Nzauna Students’ Union (NSU) in its condemnation note has stated that a representation had been submitted to SDO (civil) Athibung by Nzauna Lui Baudi for further investigation against the heinous crime committed. NSU demanded that timely justice be delivered at the earliest and also request law enforcing authority to take up the matter seriously and book the culprit at the earliest.  The union further conveyed heartfelt condolences to bereaved family members and prayed that the departed soul rest in peace.

ZPBN: Zemepui Baudi Nagaland (ZPBN) in a press release stated that it was deeply anguished over the inhuman act and demanded law enforcing agencies to book the culprit and award befitting punishment. The union further prayed that the Almighty Lord bless and comfort the family during this time of grief.

 

-Tags:#condemn

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus