State

NPF opts out of LS fray; likely to support Cong

Correspondent KOHIMA, MAR 23 (NPN) | Publish Date: 3/23/2019 12:06:53 PM IST
Naga People Front (NPF) has decided not to set up a candidate for the ensuing Lok Sabha election scheduled to be held on April 11.
When contacted, NPF sources confirmed the party’s decision, while also informing that the NPF had received a letter from the Congress seeking support for its candidate. 
NPF sources said that the party was seriously considering the proposal of the Congress. However, no decision has been made so far, sources added.
Meanwhile, reacting to chief minister Neiphiu Rio’s statement during the PDA’s campaign at Ungma on Saturday, NPF legislature party spokesperson said it was all “Rio’s small thinking”.
Rio had ridiculed the NPF for not coming up even with a name as candidate for the Lok Sabha polls and that the opposition was planning to support the Congress candidate.
The spokesperson said whatever NPF decides, whether to set up a candidate or not, was not his lookout. NPF is all set to kick-start the by-election campaign for Toshipokba Longkumer at Ungma on March 29.
The battled for the lone Lok Sabha seat will, be a straight fight between NDPP/PDA candidate Tokheho Yepthomi and Congress nominee, K.L. Chishi. 
The last date for filling of nominations has been fixed on March 25 and scrutiny of nomination on March 26. Last date for withdrawal of candidature is March 28.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus