State

Oting massacre: SIT submits preliminary report to State Govt

Correspondent KOHIMA, JAN 10 (NPN) | Publish Date: 1/10/2022 12:35:10 PM IST

The Special Investigation Team (SIT), constituted to probe the incidents at Oting and Mon on December 4 and 5 which claimed the lives of 14 innocent civilians, has submitted its preliminary report to the State government on Sunday.

Confirming this to Nagaland Post, sources in the Police Head Quarters (PHQ)said though the provisional report was submitted, it would still take some time before the team submitted its final report.

Considering the nature of the case where external factors too were looked into, the sources explained that the investigation was still going on and could take some more time.

Though SIT’s one-month deadline to complete its investigation ended on January 5, sources said it was difficult give any specific timeframe as they were awaiting the reports from the Central Forensics Science Laboratory (CFSL). 

Once the forensic reports are made available with few more other details to be compiled, the SIT would then be able submit its final report to the government. The sources claimed that SIT was receiving cooperation from all and the investigation was going on smoothly.

They also mentioned that efforts were on to complete the final report, adding that examination of army personnel at Jorhat (Assam), who were reportedly involved in the massacre of civilians, had been completed as well.

Meanwhile, Konyak Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) have convened an all “Konyak summit” on January 14 to deliberate on the further course of action due to non-compliance with their charter of demands by the government. The CSOs said that the resolutions adopted at the proposed all Konyak summit will be final and binding upon all. It was also decided that the summit will declare the stance of the Konyaks regarding the December 4 and 5 incidents, which should be adhered by all citizens.

They also reiterated that, as mentioned in its charter of demands, all “officers and jawans involved in the killing of the 14 innocent lives should be booked under applicable civil court and the action taken report must be brought before the public domain within 30 days”. 

It asserted that Konyaks would not rest if the demands were not met.

The CSOs said the summit is to be attended by all nine Konyak legislators, presidents and secretaries of all KU units/branches, subordinating units, unions, councils, associations etc.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus