National

Remove uncertainty over JEE, NEET exams: Manohar Lal Khattar

Chandigarh, April 27 (IANS) | Publish Date: 4/27/2020 12:13:09 PM IST

Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Monday urged the government of India to take quick steps to remove the uncertainty around dates of competitive examinations like Combined Defense Services, JEE, and NEET.

Speaking at a video conference of Chief Ministers chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he apprised the Prime Minister that the state was fully prepared to meet any eventuality in coronavirus crisis and all efforts are being made to revive economic activities in a safe manner.
Sharing details about Haryana in tackling the COVID-19 pandemic spread, the Chief Minister said the present statistics of the state are quite promising.
“In the state, we are testing 3,115 samples every day. Out of the total 22,243 tests conducted till date, only 299 have been found positive. All of them have been admitted to hospitals for treatment. After treatment, 205 patients have recovered and discharged from the hospital.”
The Chief Minister said the state is putting a lot of emphasis on screening and testing.
A total of 20,792 teams with Asha workers, Anganwadi workers, etc., have been formed for this purpose.
He said the target of conducting a screening of 100 per cent families of the state is being carried out and while carrying out the screening, samples are being taken of all those who are found to be possibly infected with COVID-19 infection.
Informing about the installation of Arogya Setu app, the Chief Minister said so far 32.21 lakh people have downloaded the app.
He said presently there are 155 containment zones in the state where the lockdown is being strictly implemented.
At present, arrangement for about 19,000 COVID-19 patients has been made in the state and arrangements for isolation beds for 9,444 patients have also been made.A
As many as 1,101 ventilators are in working condition in the state. Apart from this, there is no shortage of surgical masks and PPE kits.
While mentioning about the precautions being taken to prevent the spread of the virus, the Chief Minister said guidelines of the Union Home Ministry’s regarding relaxation during the lockdown period from April 20 have been fully implemented.
However, strictness is being implemented in some activities in some districts. He said where there are arrangements to keep in the place of working, in such places industrial and construction activities have been started all across the state, excluding the containment zone.
Similarly, 18,750 workers are working in situ in 415 such units.
Apart from this, more than two lakh labourers are working in 1,448 brick-kilns.
He said stringent measures are being implemented in Panipat, Gurugram, Faridabad, and Panchkula, where some cases of COVID-19 have come to light.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus