Sports

Ronaldo asked me about Juve move: De Ligt

Lisbon, Jun 10 (Agencies) | Publish Date: 6/10/2019 12:05:21 PM IST

Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt said he was asked about a move to Italian champions Juventus by Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of Sunday’s Nations League final.

Ronaldo’s Portugal triumphed 1-0 in the showpiece match leaving the 19-year-old defender De Ligt, who is widely expected to leave Ajax in the coming weeks, disappointed.

But television images showed Juve forward Ronaldo having a chat with the centre-half at the end of the game and the Dutchman confirmed a possible move to the Italian side had been raised by the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.

“I didn’t understand him at first. I was a little shocked, so I laughed. But I didn’t say anything,” De Ligt told the Netherlands’ NOS television.

“So soon after the game you are not at all concerned with it. You are disappointed that you have lost and that is the only thing you are thinking about.”

De Ligt’s impressive performances for Ajax in their run to the Champions League semi-finals have made him one of the most wanted signatures in the transfer window.

But the defender said he had yet to make up his mind over his future and was in no hurry to do so.

“I don’t mind that. The transfer period starts in a while, so I will first go on a nice vacation and rest. I will let it happen and then I will see,” he said.

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus