State

Security forces bust NSCN (I-M) recruitment bid in Mon district

Security forces bust NSCN (I-M) recruitment bid in Mon district
Youths rescued by Army and Assam Rifles personnel in Mon district. (PRO-Defence)
DIMAPUR, NOV 24 (NPN) | Publish Date: 11/24/2019 11:54:30 AM IST

A joint team of Assam Rifles and Amy personnel reportedly busted a recruitment bid that was being carried out in Mon district.

In a press note, PRO (Defence) Lt Col Sumit Sharma said the covert recruitment racket of NSCN (I-M) was busted in Mon on November 21.

PRO said, based on specific input regarding group of youth being taken by NSCN (I-M) cadres to Aopao camp from villages under Mon district for recruitment, army and Assam Rifles pursued a bolero pick-up vehicle and intercepted it on Mon-Aboi road, foiling a major recruitment bid. 

Two NSCN (I-M) cadres ‘crpl.’ Loajah and ‘sgt.’ Manza were apprehended and 32 youth hailing from Laokkun, Tizit Town, Jaboka, Nokzang, Hatothi (Naginimora) and Chingphoi villages were rescued, PRO added.

It was also revealed that youth from local areas had been lured by various groups on the pretext of providing jobs post Naga solution, PRO stated. 

Meanwhile, the apprehendees and the innocent youth were handed over to the Mon police station on November 22 for further investigation.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus