State

Shops gutted by fire in Longleng

Correspondent LONGLENG, FEB 1 (NPN) | Publish Date: 2/1/2020 12:29:41 PM IST
At least four shops were completely gutted down in a devastating fire in Shayung Colony Longleng which occured at around 7:50 p.m on January 31 night.
The building of old wooden structure was occupied by four shops viz motor parts shop, computer shop, pan shop and a tailor shop. Fire spread at a very high speed and everything inside the shops were reduced to ashes, however no loss of lives was reported.
Timely arrival of fire brigade and help rendered by hundreds of public brought down the fire from spreading further to other buildings which could have consumed whole of Shayung Colony. However, some of the close by buildings sustained partial damage by the blaze.
Till the time of filing this report, the cause of the fire could not be ascertained as some believe that it could be due to short circuit while others says it might be candle light which the owners of the shops might have forgotten to put out while leaving the shop late at night. 
As per the report, the loss in the devastating fire was estimated from twenty to thirty lakhs of rupees. District administration, Police, NGOs of the district and well wishers visited the affected families and extended all possible help. All the unfortunate shops were run by local youths and among them, some were running the shops with the government aided loan granted to unemployed youth.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus