State

SSAALWC threatens to halt SARDP work

DIMAPUR, JUN 11 (NPN) | Publish Date: 6/11/2019 11:51:45 AM IST

Alleging that 90% of affected landowners were yet to receive compensation under Special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP) in Sumi area, SARDP Sumi Area Affected Landowners Welfare Committee (SSAALWC) has announced that it would not allow construction work in the area.

In a press release, SSAALWC chairman Ghuvishe Zhimomi and member secretary Kakheto Zhimomi said Kilomi/M-6 & Khughutomi villages (under Pughoboto sub-division), Xuivi, Kilo Old, Satakha town, Zhekiye, Aghuyito town, Shoixe, Yemishe, Sukhalu, Sheyipu, Natha Zhimo and Zunheboto town on the Chakhabama-Zunheboto road were included under Phase A.

Claiming that Xuivi village, Satakha town, Sheyipu, Natha Zhimo and Zunheboto town were not included in the second phase of compensation list, the duo declared that without payment of compensation and forcing villagers to work would not be acceptable in any way. 

They said national highways (NH) department and National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) had gone to fifth phase of compensation whereas 90% of the affected landowners were yet to receive compensation from second phase alone in Sumi area.

Pointing out that it was left with no other option but to initiate action, the two SSAALWC office-bearers asked all firms engaged in construction to cease work in the villages from the date of publication of this release till the matter was resolved by the departments concerned.

They, however, assured that it would not disrupt work in those villages and towns not included in second phase as they were already compensated in the third phase. They also urged all village coordination committees to co-operate in this regard.

Ghuvishe and Kakheto regretted that though since its inception in 2012, SSAALWC, in support of All Nagaland SARDP Affected Landowners Welfare Committee, had been working relentlessly with the NH department and respective deputy commissioners of the affected districts for timely clearance of the second phase of compensation without publishing press statement in order to avoid unnecessary speculations in the press and media, but of no avail.


-Tags:#SSAALWC

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus