State

State Covid-19: 1 more test negative; results of 3 awaited

Correspondent KOHIMA, MAR 24 (NPN) | Publish Date: 3/24/2020 12:11:58 PM IST

Out of four samples which were sent for testing to Guwahati laboratory on Tuesday at Dibrugarh, one was found negative. The results of three are awaited, Health & Family Welfare principal director Dr. Vizolie Z. Suokhrie said on Tuesday. On Monday, a suspected Covid-19 sample sent to Dibrugarh for testing was found negative.

Dr. Suokhrie said as on March 24-- 5312 persons were screened at the airport, 9037 in the Railway station and 168 under surveillance. He also informed that 794 were under quarantine and six foreign tourist currently in the state. Meanwhile, in Tuensang district it was reported that out of 129 persons who had come from affected states and screened, 25 of them have been placed under home quarantine. It was also reported that there was immediate requirement of 1000 personal protective equipment, 10 ventilators, 100 oxygen cylinders, 5000 masks, 5000 gloves and 200 hand sanitizers.

H&FW minister visits hospitals in Dimapur

Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) minister Pangnyu Phom visited the Rangapahar military hospital, Eden Hospital, CIHSR (Referral hospital) and Dimapur airport on Tuesday to take stock of the preparedness and preventive measures kept in place for possible coronavirus case in the district. 

He was accompanied by IPR, SCERT and VG advisor Toshi Wungtung, Dimapur chief medical officer (CMO) Pangjung Sangtam, deputy CMO Dr Antony, MS Dimapur, Dimapur DPRO and district administration officials.

The minister expressed satisfaction with the arrangements made at the Rangapahar military hospital, which had kept nine isolation beds and eight beds in ICU with one ventilator and two transport ventilators exclusively for COVID-19 cases. 

During a brief interaction with the minister and his entourage, GOC 3 Corps Lt Gen RP Kalita said in case of extreme emergency, a team of 100 people had been prepared to work in shifts in any of the isolation zones. Underscoring the importance of social distancing at this juncture, the GOC said that leave had been extended to those soldiers already on leave and those who have returned from leave for unavoidable reasons had been quarantined. 

He informed Pangnyu that the international border with Myanmar, especially at Longwa, had been completely sealed. He said troops had been deployed to prevent movement of people not only in Nagaland, but in Manipur and Mizoram too.

At Eden Hospital, Pangnyu and his team held a brief meeting with Nagaland Private Doctors’ Association (NPDA) office bearers, during which he expressed his gratitude to the private doctors for showing their concern in times like this. He informed them that the proposal regarding COVID-19 submitted by them would be taken up by him during his meeting with chief minister Neiphiu Rio and in the cabinet so that it could be collectively considered for benefit of the State. 

“Let us all work together because only government sector alone cannot do without the help of your specialised skills,” he suggested.

At the airport, the visiting team was briefed by airport director on the preventive measures being taken.

And as the team reached CIHSR (referral hospital), medical superintendent Dr Clement shared preparedness level of the hospital and said 10 beds had been kept ready, around 120 staff trained and a Rapid Response Team exclusively for COVID-19 cases had put in place. He however expressed concern over the limited number of ventilators available, adding that only two to three ventilators could be spared in case of sudden outbreak of COVID-19. 

Further, as the hospital was attending to several dialysis and cancer patients, Dr Clement pointed out that it would be able to take patients only in small numbers. He also apprised the minister about the shortage of protective gowns and N 95 masks for the health workers, adding that the hospital currently had only 25 gowns, which would get exhausted in one day for three shifts, if emergency situation arose.

Pangnyu assured of all possible help from the government

On his part, Wungtung remarked that the present scenario was beyond a medical problem and advised people not to panic, while encouraging frontline workers to continue working on a war-footing.

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus