Regional

Student dies of snake bite in Assam

Sarupeta, Aug 9 (Agencies): | Publish Date: 8/10/2018 2:16:05 AM IST

 In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old post graduate student of Bajali College died of snake bite at Sarupeta in Lower Assam’s Barpeta district.

Nabanita Baro, daughter of Rabendra Baro and Nageswari Baro, died after she was bitten by a poisonous snake on Wednesday.  Nabanita was pursuing MA in Assamese at Bajali College in Pathsala. She was a student of third semester.

Sources said Nabanita was working at kitchen when she felt a sting on her leg.  Only after seeing a poisonous snake slither away did she know that she was bitten by a reptile. Members of Nabanita’s family immediately rushed her to Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College & Hospital at Barpeta.

When her condition deteriorated, she was shifted to Lower Assam Hospital at Bongaigaon, where the doctors declared her brought dead. 

The teachers and students of Bajali College, Pathsala unit of AASU and Bajali College Students ’ Union have condoled Nabanita’s sudden death.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Phone:+91-3862-248 489,Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-2482 267, e-mail:npdesk@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus