State

Tuensang incident unfortunate: Pangnyu

Tuensang incident unfortunate: Pangnyu
S. Pangnyu Phom
Correspondent KOHIMA, JUN 2 (NPN) | Publish Date: 6/2/2020 1:24:45 PM IST

Even as Eastern Nagaland People’s Organisation (ENPO) sought governor RN Ravi’s intervention after the expiry of its three-day ultimatum on the State government seeking disciplinary action against erring officials involved in Tuensang fiasco, Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) minister S. Pangnyu Phom admitted the lapses and termed the incident unfortunate.

Interacting with media persons here on Tuesday, Phom pointed out that the State government had constituted Judicial Inquiry Committee (JIC), which was already on the job. 

He also clarified that H&FW principal secretary Menukhol John was removed recently as he was holding additional charge, adding a new commissioner secretary had been appointed.   

On the State government and department concerned not owning responsibility for the Tuensang incident, Phom explained that it was joint responsibility because the responsibility of receiving and sending returnees to their respective district did not lie on the department alone.  

He said he did not want to comment further on the matter until JIC gave its report.

The minister claimed that the decision to set up BSL-2 laboratory at Tuensang was taken prior to the fiasco, clarifying that it had nothing to do with the incident. 

He also pointed out to newsmen that chief minister Neiphiu Rio and chief secretary Temjen Toy had admitted to the lapses and stated that all efforts were on to ensure that such incident did not take place in future.  

To queries, Phom said there were certain protocols for doing re-test of the current COVID patients, adding he had spoken to the patients and they were stable as per their medical reports.

Mentioning that the State government has decided to procure 20 TrueNat machines immediately, he said five of these machines would reach the State on June 5 and that these would be distributed to the districts on priority basis.


-Tags:#Pangnyu

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus