State

WSH objects to new alignment of NH-129A

DIMAPUR, FEB 7 (NPN) | Publish Date: 2/7/2021 12:27:49 PM IST

Western Sumi Hoho (WSH) has strongly objected to the new alignment of NH-129A undertaken by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd (NHIDCL) and questioned the motive of diversion of this old route that is only 23 km and shorter by 10 km. 

In a press release, WASH stated that the existing route has been in use for decades and passed through the villages of Mhainamtsi, Khehoi, Phushito, Vihuto, Jacob, Zutovi, Pimla, Mhaikham, Disaguphu, Shitovi, Razaphe, Vidima and Shoxuvi to reach NH-29 at 7th Mile, while the new alignment was about 33 km and longer by 10 km. Claiming that the diversion would affect more than around 13 villages and cause great disadvantage economically and socially and create a lot of inconveniences to the villagers, it insisted that the course of old route should not be changed at any cost.  
Pointing out that the work order issued on November 29, 2016 for repair of the old route and taken up under NABARD had already lapsed on November 29, 2019, WSH said, hence, the work starting from January 2, 2021 was highly questionable and objectionable. It alleged that the work was now carried out to hoodwink the public of the area so that the new alignment could be diverted without any objection. 
The hoho said the old alignment, which used to benefit major tribes like the Angamis, Sumis, Zeliangs and Kacharis of the two districts of Dimapur and Peren in many aspects, would now be deprived.
It contended that constructing NH-129A on a new route where no village exists would have no social and economic benefit, but only destroy more of “our rich diverse flora and fauna” along the area. 
Further, the tribal body said all the villages had already given their no objection certificates for construction of the road and agreed not to take any compensation to the department earlier. 
WSH questioned that if newer alignments and projects were taken up continuously, why earlier projects like Niuland-Zhadima-Botsa road project was not being taken up and abandoned for which Rs 322 crore had already been sanctioned by the Centre and the various issues that had stalled it were all settled. 
It also asked the State government to repair and maintain Shokhuvi -Razaphe-Mhaikam-Pimla-Jhornapani/New Medziphema road as it was now used frequently due to restriction on vehicular movement between Chathe river and Kukidolong.
 

-Tags:#WSH

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus