Regional

10-day ‘restriction’ imposed in M’laya

10-day ‘restriction’ imposed in M’laya
Representational Image.
Correspondent Shillong, Apr 28 | Publish Date: 4/28/2021 12:20:22 PM IST

Meghalaya government on Wednesday recorded 159 fresh COVID-19 infections, taking the number of active cases upto 1475 while the death toll rose up to 167 after two more patient succumbed to the viral infections. 

In a bid to curb the spike of COVID-19 infection, the Meghalaya Government has declared a 10-day lockdown like restrictions in Shillong, Jowai and Tura towns from 5 a.m. of May 1 till 5 a.m. of May 10, with exemption for essential businesses and services. 

A review meeting chaired by chief minister, Conrad K. Sangma took the decision on Wednesday, even as he urged the people not to panic. “These measures are being put in place to ensure the spread of COVID19 is contained,” Sangma said. 

Director Health Services (MI), Dr. Aman War said the two more patients, that of a 52-year-old woman Uginia Rymbai of Saser village in Ri-Bhoi district and another 54-year-old woman Sunita Limbu of Jhalupara area in East Khasi Hills district died in Civil Hospital, Shillong died due to Covid-19 coupled with other ailments. 

Of the fresh cases, the senior medical officer said 116  including 62 returnees in East Khasi Hills district, 12 in Ri-Bhoi district,  13 in West Khasi Hills district, nine in West Garo Hills district,  four in South Garo Hills district, one in South West Garo Hills district besides two cases each in East Jaintia Hills district and West Jaintia Hills district.    

With 1061 active COVID-19 cases, East Khasi Hills, that includes State capital Shillong is the most affected district, followed by Ri-Bhoi district with 147 active cases and West Jaintia Hills district with 84  active cases as on date.

War said 138 patients that include 109 patients has recovered from the viral infections  on Wednesday 

So far, Meghalaya has registered 16, 439 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 167 deaths with 1.02 per cent case fatality rate and 14, 788 recoveries with the recovery rate at 90.01 percent.

The senior medical official also informed that 1,156 COVID-19 patients are in home quarantine/ isolation, while 319 are in institutional quarantine. 

Meanwhile, as on Wednesday, 1, 12, 523  entered the state from outside since the onset of the pandemic, even as there were 29 micro containment zones, where active COVID-19 cases were detected.

On the other hand, 2,57, 892 doses of Covishield vaccine were administered across the State till Wednesday. 

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus