State

2 houses gutted in fire in Kohima

Correspondent KOHIMA, DEC 10 (NPN) | Publish Date: 12/10/2020 12:13:34 PM IST

Two houses were gutted in a fire that broke out at Merhülietsa colony here on Thursday night.

Although the exact cause of the fire could not be ascertained, fire department officials suspect a gas leakage caused the fire incident. One of the houses, a private residence, was completely destroyed while the other house, a government quarter belonging to medical department was partially gutted. 

There were no reports of any casualty, but all the properties in both the houses were completely destroyed except for a few documents that were recovered from the partially destroyed house.

Fire department informed that they received the call at 8:32 p.m. after which they swung into action and brought the fire under control with the help of neighbours.

Merhülietsa colony head GB Vilakuolie Khezhie, who was also present at the scene to take stock of the situation, said they were trying to ascertain the exact cause of the fire and extent of the damage.

The head GB urged the people to follow safety measures especially during festive seasons.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus