State

COVID vaccine will ensure protection: H&FW

COVID vaccine will ensure protection: H&FW
Correspondent KOHIMA, JAN 20 (NPN) | Publish Date: 1/20/2021 12:12:55 PM IST

In a bid to allay apprehensions and misconceptions among people against the vaccine for COVID-19, principal secretary Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Amardeep Singh Bhatia explained that Covishield vaccine against the virus was rolled out after trials and recommendation from an expert panel of scientists.

In an interview to Nagaland Post, Bhatia said only after experts and scientists prioritised the safety and efficacy of the vaccine and after the recommendation of Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI), the vaccine was being administered on an emergency basis. He said, based on the data made available by the experts, the vaccine was safe and effective.

Further, Bhatia informed that around 65% of the beneficiaries listed in the first three days had been administered the vaccine. He said out of the remaining 35% left out, quite a substantial number could not turn up for the vaccination as most of them were out of station. He claimed that only a small percentage of health workers were apprehensive to get the vaccine due to certain misconceptions. He, however, said that majority of the health workers who registered were happy and eager to get the vaccine.

Bhatia also informed that some health workers could not be vaccinated on medical grounds like pregnancy including lactating mothers. He further informed that another 23,000 doses of COVID vaccines were received on Wednesday to cover the first phase. Bhatia said the vaccines would be issued to the beneficiaries registered in CoWIN App. To another query, he said vaccination days would be reduced to three or four days in a week so that other services are not affected.

Meanwhile, in order to allay fear and apprehension against the vaccine for COVID-19 and also to encourage health workers to get inoculated, H&FW principal director, Dr. Vizolie Z Suokhrie assured that the vaccine will protect them and in turn enable them to protect the community.

Dr. Suokhrie was administered with the Covishield vaccine at Seikhazou Urban Primary Health Centre on Wednesday morning. Dr. Suokhrie said that he was fortunate to be inoculated with the vaccine and reiterated that it was safe. He appealed to the people to come forward and take the vaccine so as to protect the community. National Health Mission director Dr Kevichusa Medikhrü was also administered with the vaccine in the afternoon.

It may be mentioned that AIIMS director Randeep Guleria had also allayed apprehensions about the vaccines and assured that the side-effects will not result in death of the beneficiary. “Even if a person takes Crocin or Paracetamol, they may develop allergic reactions. There is nothing to worry about. There is no side-effect which would result in death,” Dr Guleria said.

2nd batch of vax arrives

The second batch of Covishield vaccine arrived Dimapur on Wednesday from Guwahati by Air India flight. The consignment, containing 23000 doses, was received by health authorities at Dimapur airport.

Day 4: 1097 health workers vaccinated

State Health department informed that vaccination of healthcare workers was done with great success on Wednesday as the state achieved 73% of Wednesday’s target. 

According to state immunisation officer (UIP) and spokesperson for Covid-19 vaccination, Dr. Ritu Thurr, 1097 healthcare workers were vaccinated on Wednesday without any adverse events being reported across 41 session sites.

Till date 3,970 health workers have been vaccinated in the state safely by the covishleld vaccine across all districts.

Though H&FW directorate has directed districts to conduct COVID-19 vaccination days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, it gave permission to Kohima district to hold session sites at Botsa PHC, Viswema CHC, Kemipfuphe PHC, Kezocha PHC, Kohima Village PHC, Zakhama PHC, Zakhama army hospital and Mon district at Aboi Chc & Thomching PHC.

All vaccination sites are entered in COWIN portal and all beneficiaries are verified with photo identity card before receiving the vaccine, Dr. Thurr said.

 

-Tags:#H&FW

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus