Sports

Don’t regret pulling out of IPL, says Mitchell Starc

Sydney, Aug 4 (IANS) | Publish Date: 8/4/2020 9:02:32 AM IST

Australia speedster Mitchell Starc on Tuesday said he harbours no regret regarding his decision to pull out of the 2020 edition of IPL. Starc, last year, opted against throwing his hat into the auction in order keep himself fresh and prepare for the T20 World Cup.

However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the showpiece event in Australia which was set to be played from October 18 to November 15, got postponed while the 13th edition of the IPL is now scheduled to take place in the UAE from September 19 to November 10.
Starc has stated he will prepare for the busy Australian summer when his teammates will take part in the cash-rich league. Also, he opened the door for participation in the IPL next year.
“I know hindsight is a wonderful thing and now the IPL is on at a different time but no, I wouldn’t change it,” Starc was quoted as saying by cricket.com.au.
“I’m happy to spend that time when the blokes are at the IPL in September, I’ll be getting ready for a summer. The IPL will be around next year and if I feel the urge or people want me around I’ll definitely consider it, but as of this year I’m very comfortable with the decisions I’ve made,” he added.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus