State

Govt issues revised SOP; to decide on school, public transport soon

Govt issues revised SOP; to decide on school, public transport soon
Correspondent KOHIMA, APR 16 (NPN) | Publish Date: 4/16/2021 1:21:17 PM IST

After a revised Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for social gatherings was issued Friday (See graphic), the State government will take a call on SOPs for schools and public transport in a few days’ time.

Mentioning this at a press briefing at civil secretariat here on Friday, adviser and High Powered Committee (HPC) spokesperson Mmhonumo Kikon said a full report for schools and public transport was awaited from the Health (H&FW) department. On whether educational institutions would be closed, Home commissioner Abhijit Sinha, who too was present, said this would be known only after the H&FW department submitted its report, adding that a decision would be taken as early as Monday or Tuesday.

Referring to some States that had closed all educational institutions, he said the State government was monitoring the situation and would take a decision accordingly.

To a query on reports of some students appearing for their of classes 10 and 12 board exams showing COVID symptoms, especially in Dimapur, Kikon replied that he was not sure about these students. 

However, he said clear instructions had been given to all schools that COVID positive students or those showing symptoms should be tested and they would be exempted from giving the exams.

He explained that such students would be isolated and provisions would be made to allow them to give exams later even after the scheduled examinations once they test negative. 

Thus, he said all measures to address the issue had been taken but, if there were still such cases, he assured that doctors and nurses were ready to address the issue.

Regarding enforcing of Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 in all sectors, Kikon clarified that the government did not stop its enforcement and certain provisions like wearing of masks were not relaxed. He warned that non-adherence to the directives would be penalised.

Stating that citizens were expected to follow SOPs as per the situation and given the second wave of COVID-19 sweeping across the country, the adviser declared that strict rules would be enforced from Friday like limiting social gatherings.

Asked about the possibility of total lockdown, he replied that it depended on the situation and, referring to the 2020 lockdown in which the people had to suffer immensely, he said the government had to balance between controlling the spike in COVID-19 cases and ensuring that economy did not suffer.

On the State’s preparation to tackle the second wave of COVID-19, Kikon said discussions were being held at HPC level, while the H&FW department had already been briefed chief secretary and home secretary and necessary decisions like new SOP would be taken.

Referring to halting of the Dr T Ao tournament, Kikon remarked that the government had put the event on hold and organisers of any tournament would have to take permission from the State/District Task Force in future. 

 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus