600gm beef (boneless)
2 red peppers
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
2tbsp oil/30gm ghee
2 large onions
1tbsp garlic paste
1tbsp ginger paste
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ground cardamom
1 bay leaf
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil to fry
1. Chop onion, garlic, tomato and red pepper. Clean and cut the beef.
2. Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai; add onion and garlic and fry until brown.
3. Add the red pepper and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the beef and continue to stirring for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the balti sauce and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer till the beef is soft.
6. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot with rice.
1. Heat oil in a pan; add onion, ginger and garlic paste and stir- fry until brown.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli powder, cardamom, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
3. Bring to boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Leave the sauce to cool slightly. Remove the bay leaf and pour the mixture into a food processer to make a smooth paste.