1 kg chicken
6 cloves garlic
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp finely chopped red chilli
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1 ½ tbsp sugar
2 tbsp honey
½ tbsp black pepper
Salt to taste
1 bunch coriander
2 red chillies
1. 1. Cut the chicken into desired size, finely slice the lemongrass and mince the garlic.
2. In a container mix all the marinate ingredients. Add the chicken and massage to spread the marinade over all the chicken. Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Heat the outdoor grill on medium high. Or heat ½ tbsp oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat on the stove.
4. Cook the chicken until golden brown – around 3 minutes each side.
5. Rest for a few minutes before serving with lime wedges on the side, and garnished with fresh chillies and chopped coriander.