International

Iran blames Israel for attack on nuke facility

Tehran, April 12 (IANS) | Publish Date: 4/12/2021 1:20:02 PM IST

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif on Monday described the cyberattack on the Natanz nuclear facility as an act of terrorism and blamed Israel for it.

The plant in central Iran produces, among other things, new centrifuges for uranium enrichment, dpa news agency reported.

“The Zionists want to sabotage Iran’s nuclear achievements and the nuclear negotiations (in Vienna) with these terrorist operations,” Zarif told Parliament on Monday.

Neither, however, will happen, he said.

“Our revenge is that we will continue successfully in both areas,” Zarif added.

Israel has so far not commented on the allegations.

“The activities of the Israeli army in the Middle East are not hidden from the enemies,” Israeli Chief of General Staff Aviv Kochavi said on Sunday.

“They are watching us, seeing our capabilities, and carefully considering their moves.”

Israel considers Iran’s nuclear programme a serious threat because Tehran has missiles with a range of up to 2,000 km that could hit anywhere in the Jewish state.

If the missiles were equipped with nuclear warheads, Israel’s existence would be seriously threatened.

Tehran insists it has no nuclear warheads and will only use the missiles for a retaliatory strike.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus