State

Nagaland COVID-19 tally 2580

Nagaland COVID-19 tally 2580
DIMAPUR, AUG 6 (NPN) | Publish Date: 8/6/2020 12:04:15 PM IST

Nagaland on August 6 registered 82 fresh COVID-19 positive cases out of which 58 cases were reported from Dimapur, 22 in Kohima and 2 in Phek. 

The state’s tally as on August 6 stood at 2580 cases-- 1752 active, 819 recovered, 7 deaths and 2 migrated. As per the severity of symptoms, all 1752 active cases were asymptomatic. 

According to Health & Family Welfare department’s daily bulletin, 6 deaths were due to COVID-19 and 1 COVID positive, but death not due to COVID-19.

Health minister’s official residence sealed after staff test COVID positive

 Correspondent

KOHIMA, Aug 6 (NPN): The official residence of Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) minister S Pangnyu Phom has been sealed after his staff members and guards tested positive for COVID-19. 

Phom tweeted on Thursday that some of his supporting staff, two bodyguards and four house guards had been found to be COVID-19 positive.

Claiming that necessary precautionary measures had been taken, Pangnyu tweeted that his official residence had been sealed as per the standard operating procedure (SOP). 

The minister said that he would be under self-isolation though he would continue to work from home and monitor all pandemic-related activities.

Meanwhile, Health  department sources said out of the 22 positive cases detected in the State Capital on Thursday, one was a returnee and two were traced contacts, while the remaining 19 were related to VIPs like body guards, home guards and supporting staff etc.

Further, sources also said that one of the adviser had tested positive for COVID-19.

Deputy CM, Khing test negative: Meanwhile, deputy chief minister Y Patton and animal husbandry & veterinary services and women resource development adviser R Khing tested negative for COVID-19 in their third and second tests respectively. 

Y. Patton tweeted: “I’ve received my third test result for #COVID19 today, and it is negative. I’m extremely thankful to the frontline workers for their sacrifices, dedication and hard work to keep us all safe during this pandemic. I’m also grateful to everyone who continues to keep me in prayers.” 

Khing also updated his status on Twitter that his second test report had come negative. 

No security forces to enter state till Sept
Staff Reporter
 
DIMAPUR, AUG 6 (NPN): Nagaland DGP, T. John Longkumer informed that no security forces returnees will be allowed to come to the state till September, 2020.
Informing this to Nagaland Post, Longkumer said that the decision was made at a meeting held on August 6, chaired by the chief secretary along with heads of the respective forces-- IGAR (North), CRPF, BSF and Nagaland Police.
Longkumer said that all the heads of the security forces have “mutually agreed” not to allow any paramilitary personnel (returnees) from entering the state till September.
The recent surge in COVID cases in the state indicated that the majority of new cases were detected among the paramilitary. Out of 2,580 positive cases recorded till date, 1,117 cases were from among the security forces, mostly returnees from leave.
 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus