Regional

Over 50 food poisoned in Bokajan

DIPHU, OCT 15 (AGENCIES) | Publish Date: 10/15/2021 2:45:01 PM IST

On Friday, about 50 villagers residing at Arlongpira, Bokajan were hospitalized due to food poisoning. An eight-year-old girl had also died under the same circumstances, reports The Sentinel Assam. 

As per reports, the residents of the village had consumed tea and biscuits at a household in the village following which they all complained of ill health. The symptoms that were common in all the cases were stomach aches, vomiting and diarrhoea.

Due to food poisoning, an eight-year-old girl lost her life while the others have been hospitalized. The villagers are currently undergoing treatment at Bokajan Community Hospital. However, two of the villagers had to be shifted to a hospital in Dimapur, Nagaland as their health had deteriorated. Pabitra Rangpi, who is a member of the Nilip Council, checked upon the patients in the hospital and promised to thoroughly investigate the matter.

Earlier in February, one person had lost his life while 198 others complained of ill health after being served packaged lunch during a public meeting at the Diphu Medical College & Hospital (DMC&H) premises. Later, a total of 177 persons were admitted to the hospital. The deceased has been identified as Kangbura Bey. The incident took place during the inauguration event of the first academic session of MBBS for 100 students at DMCH.

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus