Infotainment

Sharon shares her battle with COVID-19

Sharon shares her battle with COVID-19
January 5, (Agencies) | Publish Date: 1/5/2021 11:07:43 AM IST

 On Monday’s episode of her talk show "The Talk", Sharon Osbourne discussed her recent battle with COVID-19.

"I'm feeling really fine now, except that I'm still very tired," she said, less than a month after she announced her positive coronavirus diagnosis. "I nod off at ridiculous times of the day. And I'm good.

"I went through all the symptoms — headache, eye ache, body ache, dizziness, sickness; all of it," Ozzy Osbourne's wife and manager explained. "But there's people who are much worse than I got it; they have it much worse. And I just think I came out very lucky.

"By the way, I still can't smell very much or taste very much," Sharon added.

When the Emmy-winning host of "The Talk" first revealed her positive diagnosis on December 14, she said she was hospitalized for the infectious disease for a short time and was isolating away from Ozzy, who had tested negative.

In November, Ozzy told GQ magazine that he suffers from a respiratory disease which puts him at an increased risk of severe pneumonia and poor outcomes if he was to develop COVID-19.

Less than two months ago, Sharon announced that she was self-quarantining after being in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

Just three months earlier, Sharon revealed that two of her and Ozzy's granddaughters, five-year-old Andy Rose and three-year-old Minnie, had been infected with the novel coronavirus. At the time, Sharon said that Minnie contracted the virus "from somebody who works for my son." She said her granddaughter's diagnosis "just goes to show you … that children can get COVID."

In September, Ozzy said he won't have a coronavirus vaccine despite his Parkinson's disease putting him at greater risk. Speaking on Rock Classics Radio on Apple Music Hits, he said: "I'm trying to recover so I can get... The only good thing about this pandemic, I couldn't work anyway because of my injuries. I'm hoping that I'll be booking 2022, I think.

Last July, Ozzy said that he was still "not back to 100 percent" after suffering from several medical issues last year, including a fall, neck surgery and hospitalization for the flu. Ozzy also said that he was looking forward to performing again once he has regained his health and the coronavirus pandemic has subsided.

When the pandemic struck, Ozzy had just released his first solo album in a decade, "Ordinary Man", which he recorded in 2019 while recovering from surgery and related illnesses. The Black Sabbath singer had previously canceled all his 2019 tour plans, and the rescheduled 2020 shows were also scrapped. 

(Blabbermouth.net)

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus