Editorial

The Chinese connection

By Nagaland Post | Publish Date: 5/14/2020 12:35:04 PM IST

 While the Wuhan virus continues to spread across the world infecting 44,67,752 people and causing 2,99,553 deaths as on May 14,2020 the world is desperately looking for the vaccine but by which time, perhaps after a year or so, the infections and deaths could see a geometric rise. The foremost question in the minds of people across the world is who is responsible for such a terrible catastrophe? Could the spread of the virus have been better tackled so that it did not take the form of a pandemic? Various media reports including statements from health and other government officials, especially the US pin the blame squarely on the Chinese Communist Party(CCP) for not being forthcoming with details of the virus which was reported to have first occurred at Wuhan. Interestingly, the Wuhan Institute of Virology(WIV) laboratory had been doing research on the virus since 2018. The WIV had carried out research on bat coronaviruses is a matter of public record. China has repeatedly been accused of lacking transparency in the early stages of the outbreak, and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said Beijing “needs to come clean” on what they know. In December 2019,cases of pneumonia associated with an unknown coronavirus were reported to health authorities in Wuhan. The Institute checked and found the new virus was 96 percent identical to a sample its researchers had taken from horseshoe bats in southwest China. A respected author and China expert Professor Clive Hamilton said the earliest cases of COVID-19 were in people who had no contact with the Wuhan wet market. This would suggest that the virus may have escaped or was leaked through a laboratory assistant at WIV. China lied about the human-to-human transmission of coronavirus and made whistleblowers disappear and refused to help nations develop a vaccine, a leaked intelligence dossier reveals. Wuhan doctor Li Wenliang who posted online reports about the virus, later contracted it after being silenced by local police. He died on February 7. China has been accused of covering up the severity of the pandemic after it started, costing the world vital weeks of preparation time. The World Health Organisation(WHO) the apex body dealing with worldwide epidemics and pandemics has also been found to be complicit in parroting Chinese propaganda.WHO director general Dr.Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus in particular suppressed facts about the outbreak according to a German Intelligence Agency(BND). According to BND, president Xi reportedly asked Tedros not to announce that the virus could be transmitted between humans and to delay any declaration of a coronavirus pandemic during a meeting on January 21,2020. That was why WHO refused to declare a “public health emergency of international concern.”However, after mounting evidence of widespread outbreak, WHO finally on January 30 declared the outbreak as a “public health emergency of international concern.” By then the virus had spread worldwide and only on March 11, did Dr.Tedros finally declare a pandemic. By then it was nine weeks lost to contain the massive invasion. The US has stopped funding to the tune of over $500 and demanded that Dr.Tedros step down. Even if steps down, WHO will continue to remain a nest of vested interests. The statements of other WHO officials in high positions reveal they belong to the same camp as Tedros. Unless the truth comes out the world will never be safe. 

Launched on December 3,1990. Nagaland Post is the first and highest circulated newspaper of Nagaland state. Nagaland Post is also the first newspaper in Nagaland to be published in multi-colour.

Desk:+91-3862-248 489, e-mail: npdesk@gmail.com Fax: +91-3862-248 500
Advt.:+91-3862-248 267, e-mail:npostadvt@gmail.com

QUICK LINKS

SUNDAY POST

Join us on

© Nagaland Post 2018. All Rights are Reserved
Designed by : 4C Plus